One of the issues small business owners struggle with on social media is dealing with negative Facebook comments.
If you’ve ever wished for an easy way to deal with customer service issues on Facebook, your wish has been granted.
Facebook page admins can reply to public comments with a PRIVATE message!
All you have to do is click the “message” button (highlighted in yellow below)…
and a new window will open up allowing you to reply privately to the person.
This is so cool. Now you can nip any customer service issue in the bud with a private message that’s simple and easy to do.
You can still respond publicly, of course, but being able to send a private message right in the comment stream is awesome. Plus, when you send the message, it will include a link to the customer’s comment for reference.
When a business responds privately to a comment, the comment shows a note that the business has responded privately, so other Page visitors know that the business handled the request.
Are you unsure how to respond to negative Facebook comments? Follow these suggestions:
Top Tips for Responding to Negative Facebook Comments
1. Respond with respect & understanding
2. Be patient & understanding – put yourself in their shoes
3. Offer a simple apology, even if you’re not at fault
4. Contact customer via Private Message or email – offer something to make it right
5. Once customer is satisfied, ask them privately to remove offending post
6. If offended party is unreceptive to customer service, and continues causing trouble, ban them as last resort
How do you handle negative Facebook comments? Please share your experiences in the comments below.