As a small business owner, you wear many different hats in your company – from marketing and sales to customer service, accounting manager and more. How do you juggle all of these roles and still have time to produce the product or services your customers need? The best way is to get some help with the jobs you don’t like to do, the jobs you don’t have time to do and the jobs you don’t have the expertise to do.
One of the jobs that can be quite time consuming, but is so crucial to ensure your company’s growth, is sales and marketing. This is an essential task because if you’re not getting your message out there in the market place, you won’t be able to attract customers to your business. If you have a small staff, you may be able to handle marketing in-house. But there are three good reasons why you should consider hiring an advertising agency to handle your marketing instead.
1. Your Time is Valuable – You may have some great ideas about how to reach your customers. After all, no one knows your business better than you do! But do you really have the time to spare to figure out how best to convey your marketing message? There are so many options available to you when it comes to social media alone – from Facebook to Instagram to YouTube. Then there’s email marketing, radio, television, billboards, magazines, and more. The possibilities are endless! When you hire an advertising agency, you get a dedicated team of professionals with the expertise and knowledge to handle this chore for you.
2. You Get an Objective Viewpoint – Ever find yourself too close to a subject to see it objectively? It’s easy to get caught in this trap when it comes to your business. When you are so involved in your day to day operations, you may not see things the way your customers do. It’s always great to get some fresh eyes on your business because they may notice things you’ve missed. An advertising agency can take an objective look at your organization. The information gathered can then be used to develop a brand and image for your company that will contribute to the overall effectiveness of your advertising strategy.
3. You Get Specialized, Professional Services – An advertising agency is made up of professionals who possess specialized skills. For instance, some employees are skilled at graphics, others at copywriting and still others at managing social media. When you hire an advertising agency, you get all those people working for you! Even better, an agency can leverage the power (and budgets) of multiple clients to get you a better deal with vendors.
If you decide to hire an advertising agency to handle your company’s marketing chores, it’s important to find a company that has the expertise you desire, and is also a good fit for your company. The key to any kind of relationship is making sure there is good communication between the two parties. For instance, if I were in the market for an advertising agency for my business, I would first evaluate companies in Florida, since that is where my business is based. Let’s say, a fellow business owner recommended a Jupiter advertising agency. I would contact that firm and ask them the following questions:
- What services do you offer?
- What is your fee structure?
- What is your relationship with media outlets in the area?
- How will you communicate with me?
- Who will be my point person if I have questions or concerns?
- What campaigns have you worked on in the past?
- Can you show me examples of past work?
- Are you currently representing clients in my industry? If not, have you any past experience in my industry?
Once you hire an advertising agency, you can concentrate on the other aspects of your business and let your new team build your brand and engage your target audience. Then, it’s up to YOU to convert those prospects and keep them as paying customers.