So here’s the challenge: Chris Garrett, co-author of the “Problogger Book,” is offering copywriters a chance to win two tickets to the Copywriting Success Summit 2009 hosted by white paper guru, Michael Stelzner.
How to win: Write a blog post explaining why you want to win, in no more than 1,000 words.
Ok, Chris Garrett, I’ll take you up on that challenge. Here goes!
This summit is being billed as the largest online event dedicated to helping you successfully market your writing business. But wait – if I can attend online, why would I want to win tickets to this event in person? Let’s see, let me count the ways…
1. The best of the best in the copywriting industry will be at the summit: Peter Bowerman (Well-Fed Writer author), Steve Slaunwhite (Start & Run a Copywriting Business author), Michael Stelzner (Writing White Papers author), Marcia Yudkin (Persuading on Paper author), Nick Usborne (Net Words author), Casey Hibbard (Stories That Sell author), Chris Marlow (the original copywriter’s coach), Pete Savage and Ed Gandia.
I have taken Nick Usborne’s online copywriting course thru AWAI, so I know what terrific advice he gives. I’ve also read ebooks by Steve Slaunwhite and Ed Gandia — also offering excellent knowledge to the beginner copywriter. And I subscribe to Chris Marlow’s newsletters, where she offers some awesome coaching advice. But to be able to see and hear these people in person, as well as others I’m not as familiar with, would be a tremendous boost to me personally, and professionally. I know I have much more to learn to become a successful copywriter.
2. The grand prize features a consultation with Peter Bowerman, author of The Well-Fed Writer (Peter will spend an hour with you, helping you market your business).
I’ve read Peter’s book, and it truly gave me a jumpstart in launching my business. But to have the opportunity for a one-on-one coaching session… Well, that would be great. I’ve doing my best to market my business – using social media, networking, etc. But I’m sure there are lots more tips Peter can offer that will boost my bottom line.
3. The grand prize also offers a site-critique by Chris Garrett, where he will identify actionable steps I can take to improve my blog. Sounds like a good plan to me! I hope he’ll also offer some time-management tips. It’s tough sometimes finding the time to spend on writing, marketing, social media etc. Please help!!! 🙂
4. I’d receive a copy of Chris Garrett & Darren Rowse’s “Problogger” book, and a copy of the book, “Writing White Papers” by Michael Stelzner. Free books! Who doesn’t want to save money these days? My library card is getting a lot of use, so it’d be nice to have actual copies that I can return to again and again. Plus, I’d be kinder to the environment – staying at home to read, instead of driving to the library to pick up another book.
5. I can bring a guest. While I’m sure my husband might like a trip, I know two other copywriters who would love to attend. Not sure how we’ll figure out who goes if I win… but maybe they can battle it out.
So, that’s it, Chris. Don’t know if this will be enough to get me to win, but I have to say, this is the fastest blog post I’ve written in my life. I saw Michael Stelzner’s post on Facebook, clicked on the link to your site, and in a half an hour, was ready to post! (Of course, I just realized, I have no idea where this summit is being held, but that’s ok – I can travel anywhere in the U.S. – no passport yet, but it’s on my to-do list!)
Hey blog readers – wish me luck!