In this episode we are joined by Frank King, a suicide prevention speaker and trainer. Frank’s family has experienced generational depression and suicide, which is what led him to become a five-time TEDx speaker on mental health matters. Frank is also a stand-up comedian who wrote for The Tonight Show for 20 years. As a motivational public speaker, he brings humor to difficult subjects, and uses his life lessons to start the conversation surrounding depression and suicide.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Pandora | iHeartRadio | Stitcher | Email | RSS
Since the pandemic began, 40% of US adults have reported struggling with mental health and substance abuse issues. Right now, it is more important than ever to talk about depression, suicide, and mental health.
On this episode of the Live. Love. Engage. podcast:
- How Frank got started in comedy and ended up working for The Tonight Show.
- Explaining generational depression and chronic suicidal ideation.
- What Frank calls the “superpower” side of suicide.
- How he found out he had suicidal ideation.
- How Frank began doing TEDx talks.
- Almost everyone has a mental health story.
- Statistics on suicide, and the connection to teen suicide.
- How he plans to bring his message to high school students.
- Why Frank worries about entrepreneurs right now.
- Frank’s advice for entrepreneurs to manage stress.
- How he manages his own stress day-to-day.
- Why routine is important to mental health.
- How neuro-normative people are now experiencing mental health issues situationally.
- Social media can harm or help your mental health.
- How parents can protect their teens with social media and cyberbullying.
- Parents need to remember what it’s like being a child.
- Peer support and how it can help people cope with depression.
Connect with Frank:
Share your thoughts about this episode, and…
Join the Live. Love. Engage. Spiritual Awakening Community for Entrepreneurs and like our Facebook page.
Check out my website to see how we can work together
Connect with me on Instagram: @liveloveengagewithgloriagrace
Pre-order your copy of my new book, “Live. Love. Engage. – How to Stop Doubting Yourself and Start Being Yourself.”
Enjoying what you’re hearing on Live Love Engage? Make sure you subscribe and leave a 5 STAR – Review at Apple Podcasts. Click here to review, or wherever you listen to your podcasts – such as Spotify, Pandora and iHeart Radio. You can also watch the conversation on YouTube. Thank you!