One reason small business owners have trouble keeping up with social media is that they have trouble coming up with new content to share. The secret to successful social media and content marketing is repurposing! That is… taking the content you’ve already created and turning it into a different type of content that can be shared on social networking sites.
This infographic from Blue Crow Studio illustrates five easy steps you can take to repurpose your content:
1. Write: Create an original, concise and compelling article with actionable tips, and then spread the message by publishing it.
2. Blog: Your content should be published as a blog article first, since this is the hub of your social media strategy. Every time you share this content, traffic should be directed back to your website and company blog.
3. Distribute through social media channels: Share the blog post via social media channels (i.e. Twitter, Facebook, etc.) in order to draw in your audience.
4. Repurpose the message: Transform your original content into a new podcast, YouTube video, SlideShare presentation, etc.
5. Repeat: Start the process all overa again from step 1; the beauty of implementing this 5-step process is that you can simply delegate steps 2 to 5 to your assistant or marketing team once your original content is written.
What’s your favorite way to repurpose content? Please share your suggestions in the comments below.