[tweetmeme]With all the recent outcry over Facebook’s latest changes, it might be time for you to give Twitter another look. Twitter can be a key ingredient to your online success as a marketing tool and because of the impact it has on social search.
When you share great content, conduct contests, and leverage offline promotional efforts through Twitter, you not only increase traffic to your website, but you send valuable signals to search engines. Here are a few ways to make sure your tweets are reaching your target audience.
Optimize Your Twitter Profile and Tweets
1. Create a username – While it’s best practice to use your own name for your Twitter username, that may not be possible if someone else is already using it. An alternative strategy is to combine your name with a keyword related to your business, or use a keyword in place of your name. My primary Twitter username is @GloriaRand. But I have another Twitter account called @GreenSEOCopy to promote myself as a SEO copywriter for the green products niche.
2. Bio section – Use keywords in your bio to help you connect with your target audience. You only have 160 characters to convey your business and your personality, so make it concise!
3. Use keywords in your tweets – This may seem like a no-brainer, but few companies develop a keyword strategy for their tweets, even though they do it for their business websites.
4. Ask for retweets – Search engines watch to see what content spreads through social media, because that’s often a strong measure of credibility for the web page linked to within the tweet. If your keyword-rich tweets get retweeted, you’re getting the best bang for your SEO buck! The key to getting retweets is to ask for them. Hubspot’s Dan Zarella found that when you ask your followers to retweet the message, you’ll get 4x more retweets:
5. Write awesome blog post titles – Sharing your blog articles on Twitter provides interesting content for your followers. Take time to come up with compelling, keyword-rich titles for your blog articles to spark interest among your Twitter followers. If you share great content, you’re sure to see a boost in traffic from Twitter and the search engines.
If you’d like to learn how to leverage Twitter’s 100 million active users to improve your organization’s marketing results, sign up for my free webinar: Twitter Tactics to Grow Your Business on Thursday, Sept. 29 at noon EDT.
During this brief session, you’ll learn how to:
* Find the right people to follow and attract new followers
* Use Twitter for business, marketing, lead generation, PR, and customer service
* Understand Twitter’s role in social search
* Track and analyze your campaigns
Seats are limited. Register today. https://www3.gotomeeting.com/register/378979422
2 thoughts on “5 Ways to Optimize Your Twitter Presence”
Great post..its really help me to optimize my Twitter Profile.
thanx keep it up
Glad you found the information useful!