If you’re in need of a social media management tool, I believe Hootsuite is a great choice, since it’s affordable and easy to use. But if Facebook is your only social media platform, you don’t need a third party app. You can schedule posts on Facebook business pages, right from the timeline.
Facebook has had this availability for some time, but they recently introduced a new feature. Now you can see how your scheduled post will look on a mobile device in addition to the desktop. Follow the instructions below to start using Facebook’s scheduling feature.
Schedule Facebook Posts:
1) Type your status update, or upload a photo/video as you normally would on your Facebook page.
2) Instead of clicking “post”, hover your mouse over the triangle to the right of the Post button. A dropdown menu will appear with the following choices: Schedule, Backdate, and Save Draft.
3) Select “schedule” and then choose the day and time you wish your post to appeal on Facebook.
4) Click the blue “schedule” button. Voila! You’re all set. Your timeline will display a message that says you have scheduled a post. (This message won’t be visible to your fans).
Review/Edit your Scheduled Post
1) Click the “Posts” button at the top of your Facebook page, or click the “See Posts” link on your timeline.
2) Click the link for your scheduled post to view it.
3) Click the “edit” button to change the text that goes along with your post. If you want to delete the scheduled post or reschedule it, click the “triangle” next to the “edit” button and select the appropriate action.
4) Click the “Save” or “Reschedule” button when finished with your changes.
Want to see this process in action? View the video below! 🙂
Do you need more help managing social media for your business? Download the Time Management for Social Media infographic for free, when you subscribe to my Marketing Buzz eNewsletter.