Are you a business owner looking to get the most out of your venture? Dr. Barnsley Brown is here to show you the way. She’s a self-proclaimed steel magnolia who went from teaching at universities to launching her Spirited Solutions Professional Speaking and Coaching company 22 years ago. Hear her inspiring story and her practical advice on how to make it happen on the Live Love Engage podcast.
About Dr. Barnsley Brown
Dr. Brown helps big-hearted business owners double, triple, quadruple or more their income and impact in her Make It Happen Mastermind Group Coaching Program, Get Results Now Laser Coaching, and transformational Reiki trainings.
After 25 years of education, Barnsley started her own business with $1,000 and a lot of gumption. She had four mouths to feed – four rescue animals – and no partner or second income to fall back on. Now, she’s here to tell you what she wishes she had known: investing in a high-powered coach is essential to business success.
Why is it important for business owners to invest in a high-powered coach?
It is important for business owners to invest in a high-powered coach because they can provide invaluable insights, strategies, and tactics that can help business owners take their businesses to the next level. A high-powered coach can offer the objectivity, experience, and expertise that business owners need to identify potential problems, develop creative solutions, and execute successful strategies. They can help business owners define and focus on their goals, create and execute plans to reach those goals, and provide support and accountability throughout the process.
Moreover, a high-powered coach can help business owners stay ahead of the competition by providing the latest industry trends, strategies, and insights. They can also provide objective feedback and advice on decisions and strategies, helping business owners stay on track and move their business forward. Investing in a high-powered coach can help business owners increase their chances of success and maximize their potential.
Because investing in a high-powered coach is so important, here are six steps Dr. Barnsley Brown recommends you follow to find someone who will help you unlock your business potential.
1. Take an Introductory Session – When selecting a coach, it’s important to find out if they offer you a complimentary short session, a “get to know you” session or something like that. A good coach will give you preparatory work so that you walk in with a clear intent and purpose of that session. Ideally, you’re going to walk away with at least one or two tools you will absolutely implement to get your business on its way and to grow your business if you already have one.
2. Review qualifications – Ask how long they’ve been a coach, and what is their income or net worth. It’s important to find this out because a lot of people who are doing stuff like that don’t have a lot of net worth. So you want to ask, what are they making?
3. Check references / reviews – Ask for references of people who have been in their programs. You certainly want to see what kind of references or testimonials that they have on their website and what kind of Google reviews do they have as well.
4. Guarantees / outcomes – Ask about the coaching program’s outcomes. You want to find out in their program what are the outcomes that they are guaranteeing you, what are the outcomes they’re promising and what percentage of people get those outcomes?
5. Accountability – Find out what their process is for accountability. How much access will you have to the coach outside of your session? Will you be working directly with the coach, or will you be dealing with other coaches?
6. Ongoing training – Ask a prospective coach, “What kind of professional development do you do? How many coaches do you have, and how much do you invest in professional development every year?” You want to be sure that the coach you’re working with is investing in themselves so they can continue to provide cutting edge support to their clients.
Take a page from Dr. Barnsley Brown’s book and invest in a high-powered coach to accelerate your success and reach your goals faster. With the right support, you can achieve anything you set your mind to do.
Leave me a comment on how it went for you or drop any questions you want me to answer!